I’ve been experimenting with daisy photos, and the images accompanying this post attest to my attempts. For this activity, I used my Canon 100 mm macro lens, my Canon 5D Mark II body, and relatively long exposures with a tight f stop (f 14, as I recall). I used a couple of different backgrounds – the black background comes from some fabric loaned to me by Janet, and the blue background comes from some construction paper I purchased some time ago with this activity in mind. The major new thing is a technique called photo-stacking, where one can improve the depth-of-field by combining several photos of the same subject taken at different focal planes. Suffice it to say that Photoshop does all of the heavy lifting – I just have to take a reasonable sequence of photos of the flower. I really like the images I created with this technique. The first photograph shown is the daisy face-on (us recovering scientists like our ducks in a row, so to speak). If you are interested in this photo, follow this link to my products catalog. The second photograph shows the daisy in profile, looking out of the photo for a friendly bumble-bee, I suppose. You will be seeing more photos like this – I am delighted in my new knowledge, and can’t wait to apply it to new subjects!